Bestanddele / Ingredients
31/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans 2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter, cubed
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar 1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup butter
3 tablespoons whipping cream
Metode / Preparation
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Pulse flour, powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Caramel-Pecan Bars: Prepare recipe as directed, pressing crumb mixture evenly on bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of a lightly greased heavy-duty aluminium foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan. When completely cool, using the aluminium foil as handles, carefully lift the tart from the pan, and transfer to a serving tray. Cut into squares.